Monday, May 31, 2010

Beach Time


The girls sliding down together


Charlotte - loving life - she thoroughly enjoyed that slide and didn't hesitate once.


My mom and Douglass Charles soaking up the rays. He wasn't so thrilled about the water and made sure I was always close by.


The girls attempting to take a nap - yeah right. It never happened. :)

Happy Memorial Day and a big shout out to all of our service men and women who serve and have served our great country. Thanks to you and your family's hard work and sacrifice we can continue to enjoy the freedoms of this wonderful place we call home.

Also, I don't know what screams more to me on Memorial Day weekend than the beach and while this trip transpired a few weeks ago I thought it would be fun to share today.

My brother, Owen, and his wife, Mary Catherine, just purchased a condo down in Orange Beach and we took a day and went down to visit, play, and see their new place. Unfortunately, I didn't get one picture of their place (except the naptime photo) - which was lovely - but I got pictures of the kids playing at the resort where we went to swim. Who needs the actual beach when you can go to a swimming pool where you can wade in and there are slides?

The kids had a wonderful time and my mom was quite the trooper to help me throughout the events of the day.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I love the slide! I need to find a water park like that for Pax! He would LOVE it! Was that in Orange Beach? We are actually heading to Perdido Key (right next to Orange Beach) next month. That would be fun if yall could come down and see Owen while we're there!!

The Dettling's said...

Where is this?! I want a place with those slides and wading area when we finally get to make a trip like this with Court & Shaun! It may be next year, but still! :)

Alison said...

Amy, that would be so fun! Tally, the water slide/pool is in The Oasis. It is on the bay side right after the bridge that goes right into Orange Beach. I can get you details if you like - very kid friendly!