Monday, June 13, 2011

{a summer kick-off breakfast}


Aren't these berries gorgeous?

So I am just a wee bit behind on posts. Our summer started a little over a week ago and to celebrate and kick it off right, Charlotte and I made a special breakfast. Now I don't know if you are familiar with The Pioneer Woman, but if you haven't discovered her you are in for a treat. Her blog is fun, photography gorgeous, content witty, and cooking... well, she has a cookbook that is a top seller so that should tell you something.

We set out to make her perfect cinnamon toast for our special breakfast and it was quite delious. It should be - once you look at the receipe you will know what I mean - I truly felt like Charlotte and I were slathering on cinnamon icing to our toast as we prepared it and Charlotte couldn't get enough of the stuff.

It was wonderful, and the fruit was my desperate attempt to balance all that sugary goodness. We had fun whipping it up and everyone enjoyed eating it.

Can't wait to share some other summer pictures with you... we barely know what to do with ourselves with all this family time. :)

No comments: