Friday, December 17, 2010

Fave Holiday Recipes: Hot Cocoa


Photo courtesy of Teton Cocoa Company.

Who doesn't love a delicious cup of hot chocolate on a cold night sitting fireside. We certainly do at our house, and this recipe is the best EVER. I learned this recipe from a blog friend, Erica. She is quite the talented photographer and I love reading her musings over on Erica's Blogity Blog. She and I "met" through Etsy - she ordered an apron from me, asked to feature me on her blog and we have been "friends" ever since. Isn't this world-wide web thing kind of funny. Regardless, this cup of cocoa will not disappoint. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Erica's Hot Chocolate
14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
6 /12 cups hot water (I use about four cups milk and 1-2 cups water). Start with 5 and add according to taste.

Start by mixing the sweetened condensed milk and cocoa in a large sauce pan - mixing until combined. Then add milk (or water - whichever you choose). Lastly, add the vanilla and pinch of salt. Serve with whip cream or marshmellows on top.