Friday, December 24, 2010

Baking and Crafting








Christmas would not be complete at our house without sugar cookies made for santa and a little crafting as well. We baked Christmas cookies earlier this week and are saving some to leave for Santa with a glass of milk of course. I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed doing this with Charlotte this year. She loved rolling out the dough, cutting out the shapes, and decorating them. I was a little bit better prepared this year for this project after a frustrating attempt last year. I started right after breakfast, we stayed in night clothes - because I knew flour would get EVERYWHERE - and I decided on a late lunch with a bath directly after icing cookies. It worked out perfectly! And besides a little sugar buzz, the kiddos had a blast making their cookies for Santa.

We also made the cute Santa ornaments you see here. Charlotte made hers and I made Douglass Charles'. He literally was along for the ride for these projects - mostly running through the house, getting into drawers, things of that nature while Charlotte and I reveled in our project. It was really fun, but I do look forward to him being just a little bit bigger, so he can enjoy more of the fun as well.

No comments: