Friday, October 1, 2010

Art Box






One of Charlotte's friends from church recently celebrated his fourth birthday. Jaden was gracious and invited both of the children and we were excited to be asked to celebrate.

If you are like me I am always in a dilemna over birthday gifts - lets face it, my notecards may get mom excited, but not a kid. So I set out to make our normal gift a little more exciting.

We recently found out that Jaden enjoys painting. He is also the middle child of three boys, so I designed a little box that would be ALL for him, while still including my signature gift.

I decorated a stationery box (I have a ton of these - I wonder why), picked up a few paints (with his mom's permission) from the local drugstore and decided to label everything - so it was specific to him. I also included the labels with "Jaden's Stuff" on them so he could "tag" anything that was his (not his brothers'). Obviously I couldn't go without including some thank you notes for him to use for his art "fans." I was pretty pleased with the result and think Master Jaden was too.

I, like so many of you, am on a tight budget and little extras like birthday presents can get expensive. Honestly, I personally feel that any gift can be fantastic - especially if it is created specifically with that person or child in mind - and you don't have to break the bank to do it.

3 comments:

Dana said...

so very cute!! i was the middle child and would have loved to have my own stickers to label all my things! i'm sure he is going to love his gifts!

Anonymous said...

Jaden LOVED this!!! Funny thing is, this was the only gift he received that I photographed :) It was just too cute to leave undocumented.

stephanie said...

so cute. i really love this. and thanks for the head's up on fifths disease. hopefully we are in the clear. happy weekend to you!