Monday, September 13, 2010

BLT




Today is an absolutely gorgeous day. I can really begin to feel Autumn creeping in and it warms my heart. I love this season - the colorful leaves, the cooler temps, football and chilli, pumpkin carving, baking, and so much more.

One thing I will miss - the wonderful and beautiful produce we enjoyed over the summer months. The BLT is really one of our summer staples here at the English house. We don't fry much around here - I know we live in South and don't eat fried food everyday? - but Doug and I love some onion rings - especially those sweet, vidallia onions that are so delicious in the summertime.

This ensemble - the BLT and onion rings (along with some homemade chocolate chip cookes) was our "last summer meal" on Labor Day last Monday. The food was delicious, fresh, and just plain yummy!

So while I yearn the wonderful days of this upcoming season, I will miss my summer sunshine and the delicious fresh food that comes with it.

Happy Monday!

No comments: