Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Quiet My Anxious Heart

I have pictures to post - lots, in fact. They are still in the camera waiting on me (like so many things in my life). Anyway... I thought I would post a funny twist on a not so funny topic. I have been very anxious this weekend. When I begin to worry about something I tend to let it take hold. It is an awful habit and I feel horrible - as well as so many around me. This morning I woke up feeling oh so anxious - so badly that I felt I would explode. I had prayed about the situation, given it to the Lord, been in the Word, everything and couldn't get peace. I hate when I do this because I know I truly am the problem here.

So... I go to pick up Charlotte to put her in her seat to feed her breakfast. The whole time I am doing this I am thinking I wish I could just cry. If I could cry I would feel better. Well, my sweet Charlotte, right after I picked her up, reached out and slapped me across the face. I was stunned. Charlotte normally does not do this and was disciplined accordingly, but right after she slapped me I began to sob. I believe this upset her more than the discipline she received.

For me crying is such a sweet release most of the time. It wound up refreshing me and with the encouragement and prayers of some friends, I am feeling much better.

If you don't struggle with anxiety, you are truly blessed. I truly hope that one day I can completely release this big problem in my life and find peace that God is, indeed, in control. So... while my child didn't act in a manner pleasing to her mother, God used her indiscretion to grant me a little relief and "slap" me back to reality. :)

3 comments:

The Kimmels said...

I know I shouldn't laugh, but I had to because this reminds me of a story that my mom always tells about one time when I slapped her. Granted it was when she was telling me "no more milk" when she wanted me to stop breast feeding but its one of my favorite stories.
I think that God was definitely using Charlotte to slap you back to reality. Can I borrow her because I have been feeling the same way and could use a little slap myself!?! ha.
I don't know how you do all you do and how you managed to organize everything for the bash giveaway! Amazing job! I hope I will be able to keep it together as well as ALL of you mothers I know!!!

Alison said...

Suzie,
Thanks for the sentiments and I am glad you got a chuckle out of my story - one of the many reason I choose to blog so I can look back and remember the funny stories.

While I don't condone Charlotte slapping you, I understand one's need to jerk out of his or her anxiety stupor. I wish this wasn't a problem for me but it is. It is just nice to know that I am not the only one that seems to struggle with this perplexing problem we call anxiety.

stephanie said...

praying for you friend. and you know i so relate to the anxiety thing. why do our children tend to capitalize on it? we really need to get together as friends soon.