Friday, July 17, 2009

We Heart Chattanooga!







While on our little getaway Doug and I spent two evenings in Chattanooga for dinner. It was a thirty minute drive from our cabin on top of the mountain and we wound up falling in love with the city. I don't know if it was the river running through the heart of downtown, the old homes in the historic disctrict, the beautiful clean parks, the eclectic, bohemian restaurants and shops, or the lack of traffic. All I know is it made a great impression on us.

Honestly, this city surprised me. I have driven through there many times but have never had the pleasure of stopping. Isn't it interesting how different a place can be when you don't just drive through it. So here's to you, Chattanooga, thanks for suprising us with your beauty and charm!

No comments: