Friday, July 17, 2009

A Summer Vacation - Sort of











Our family got back yesterday from our "Summer Vacation." I put this in quotes because we took the kids to grandma and grandpa's and Doug and I went off to the mountains to spend some quality time together as well as get some much needed R&R. I will post on that in a minute.

These pictures are from our trip to the pool in my in-law's neighborhood. The kids had a blast and I was really surprised at how well the baby did. He thoroughly enjoyed it.

The kids spent the rest of the week playing and being spoiled by Maw, Paw and Aunt Kate (Maw and Paw are the names that Charlotte has chosen for my in-laws). We are so grateful to our family for keeping them. Date nights are hard to come by for us and this trip was even more of treat. I am sure it will take them a week or so to recoup (my mother-in-law commented when I got back that she didn't know how she used to do it with four kids. I don't know how she did either. I can barely keep up with my two. It is hard work!). So thanks to the English fam for taking care of our little ones. We truly appreciate it and I know they had a wonderful time.

No comments: