Wednesday, September 7, 2011

{salsa}

 Not the dance, but this fresh wonderful goodness that we have enjoyed so many times over the summer. I have had several people ask me for my salsa recipe and since I made it over the weekend I decided it was time to get it posted on the blog.

 I adapted this recipe from another salsa recipe that I received from my Farmers Market Basket. It really is so simple and there are a few things that really MAKE it.
 Alison's Fresh Homemade Salsa
1/2 large onion chopped
1 large (or two small) peppers chopped (I prefer red, but green work fine too)
2-3 tomatoes chopped decent size
approximately 1/2 a bunch of cilantro - chopped (I used a little less)
a few cloves garlic finely chopped (optional)
1 8oz can tomato sauce
3 tablespoons lime juice (can add more if you feel it needs it)
Salt, pepper, cumin, and garlic salt (only use garlic salt if you don't use garlic cloves) to taste
Mix together and serve (better if it sits over night in fridge). The ingredients that make this salsa are the cilantro, tomato sauce, and the lime juice. Serve over chicken, fish, or just snack. I don't feel quite as guilty eating it because it is just veggies.
Enjoy!

No comments: