Monday, September 19, 2011

{peace} printable

To say that I am not a peaceful person is an understatement. No, I don't mean that I am always conjuring up drama with people, picking fights, or yelling up a storm. There just isn't a lot of peace in my mind and spirit most of the time. You see I am an obsessive worrier and these worries, well, I kind of let them overtake me in a very unfortunate way. If you are like me, you know what I am talking about. These worrisome obsessions can litterally take over one's mind and be very debilitating - whether in just day to day accomplishments or even with one's health.

As I have gotten older I have realized how much of a problem this has been in my life and I am not going to lie, I have seen a counselor to help me learn to deal with this problem more effectively. She helped me with things like triggers, relaxation exercises, and changing some patterns in my life that were actually contributing to the problem.

All these things have helped tremendously, but my pastor several weeks ago mentioned something that I had failed to do - and that was use God's Word to help me with these things as well. I hate to admit it, but when I went to find my Bible the next morning I didn't remember where it was. Granted, I read something spiritual everyday, but it was a good reminder that I really do need to be in the Word.

So... I started flipping through and I decided on Phillipians. Even if you are not familiar with Scripture, most all of us - whether we have religious affliation or not - are familiar with the passage that speaks of being anxious for nothing (found in Philippians). I started reading that passage and had never realized that all these verses were connected.

I love the references to heart and mind - where my battle lies - and the encouragement to think on things that are noble, just, lovely, excellent. It is difficult to stay in a deep, dark, anxious place when one thinks on these things.

So my goal is to print this out, post it in my bathroom, memorize it, and when I feel that overwhelming feeling come over me - use the tools I have been given as well as these verses - and hopefully focus on the things that God promises can and will give me His peace!

Oh, and the printable, please enjoy and I hope you will use it to help you, if you find yourself in an anxious spot (just right click with your mouse, "save picture as," place it in a file on your computer and print it out).

No comments: