Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Crock Pot Pork Ribs


So for New Years Day I carried on my tradition of serving pork. Last year it was a Boston Butt roasted in the overn - and was absolutely delicious - and this year it was pork ribs. Ribs were a new concept for me several months back when I purchased some on sale. I came up with this recipe and it truly has become one of our favorites. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Crock Pot Pork Ribs
(Can substitute beef ribs if desired)
3-4 ribs (you can do more, but we usually have some left over with 3-4)
¼ cup Dale’s Sauce
2 ½ - 3 cups water
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt, pepper, garlic salt to taste

Take large skillet and heat olive oil in pan. Season ribs with salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Place in skillet and sear each side of meat. Once seared place in crock pot on high. On medium heat take butter and flour and melt in same skillet. Use a wire whisk to mix together scraping up the brown bits from the bottom of pan. Gradually add Dales and water to mixture stirring continuously until fully blended. Bring to a boil and let simmer about 5-10 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly. Pour sauce over ribs and cover. Cook 4-6 hours. Turn ribs over halfway through cooking time (not necessary, but just helps cover the meat in the sauce). Ready to serve (meat should be falling off the bone – delicious and delightful).

1 comment:

The Kimmels said...

Yummy! I'll have to try this one. I make ribs in the crock pot too but I usually just throw BBQ sauce on them towards the end of cooking :)