Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Aquarium


The girls' favorite thing there


Ahhh, girl drama starts so young. Both would do this. Here Charlotte is wanting to hold Adeline's hand and she is refusing. Thirty minutes later the tides would turn and either way one would get upset with the other. So silly!


Looking up at the Beluga Whales

All my Atlanta peeps, don't be hatin' because I am just now taking my daughter - at the age of 2 1/2 - to the Aquarium. Honestly, I couldn't justify paying the money before now and if it wasn't for Adeline coming I probably still couldn't justify it. Call me cheap, call me boring, but I have a few theories about children, upbrinings, and doing things too early. I know, I am old fashioned, but there are just some things I believe are better for the kiddos when they are older and my theories proved correct here. Oh, Charlotte and Adeline were fascinated, but they are just as interested in the fish in the tanks at Walmart. Forgive me, but the moving floor and the riding toy you see above were the two things they were most interested in.

I do have to say, though, that Charlotte talked about the dolphins for quite some time afterward (a.k.a. the Beluga Whales). I still believe that both my children will enjoy it much more when they are say, about four and five.

I am still glad we made the trip into town and got to spend the time with Adeline and Mary Catherine, but if you are asking my advice, save your money if your kids are under four and go to the park, bake a cake, or read a good book. They will enjoy those things just as much and you won't have to spend almost $40 bucks to do it. :)

No comments: