Monday, June 21, 2010

I made the right choice...


Doug with Charlotte


Doug with Douglass Charles



The other evening, while cleaning up after dinner, I took a moment to enjoy what I saw outside. It was a beautiful evening, the sun beginning to set, and I could hear squeals of laughter coming from my children as they scurried about. They were playing one of their night time games outdoors before baths - and this one was one of their favorites - playing hide and seek with daddy.

As I watched Doug running around with our children I was struck at how good he was with them. He would hide, but in an obvious place, chase after them, and scoop them up in his long arms kissing them, tickling, and then placing them down just to do it all again.

I have always been confident that Doug would be a good father, but in that moment I was reaffirmed again that I made the right choice. When you meet that special someone when single and you do begin to start thinking seriously about a life with them I believe most wonder if this potential life mate will make a good parent. I knew Doug would be good, I just didn't know he would be THIS good.

So Happy Father's Day to my hubby - the best daddy to my children. Thanks for wanting to be home with us, working hard for us, playing, changing diapers, cleaning faces, and filling juice cups. And thanks for loving us despite our bad days, our grumpiness and whining from both me and the kids.

We are blessed to have you in our lives and I am so glad that I made the right choice for me, and especially our children. I love you!

3 comments:

The Kimmels said...

Happy Father's Day to Doug! I also love 'the ease' he seems to show more of with DC than with Charlotte. I guess that's what an experienced Daddy looks like!! :) Also love the open mouth kiss!

Kathryn Anne (Kate) said...

That's my brother!

Amy said...

That's really sweet!!! Hope he had a happy father's day!