Thursday, March 24, 2011

the quiet

Before I was a mommy I LOVED noise - noise while cleaning, like the t.v. or radio, noise in the background while sewing, noise while getting dressed, talking on the phone, or just to "be there" when I was all by my lonesome at home.

But today, now, as a mommy of two boisterous toddlers, I LOVE the quiet.

Today is a gloriously sunny day, the kind of Spring day that no one can resist. My house is somewhat clean, picked up, and my to do list a little smaller. The kids are napping away and all I can hear is the tap tap of my computer keyboard and the wind moving outside. The quiet beautiful, haunting, relaxing and just simply sublime.

It always amazes me about the simple things that bring a smile to my face and cheer to my soul. Who would have thought five years ago that quiet would be an element that I would so desperately seek. :)

No comments: