Monday, March 28, 2011

An Apple a Day!



I don't know about you, but getting my kids to veer away from "kid food" is quite the challenge. Oh, Doug and I eat up our fruits and veggies - and love them I might add - but the good stuff, well it tends to get waisted on my kids. Until...

I started this. You see, this beautiful display of fruit sits on my kitchen table. I did it once because I was tired of my centerpiece and low and behold, the whole darn thing was gone in about two days - and it wasn't because Doug and I ate it all. The kids did. Yes, no lie, for some reason, when they see the apples, oranges, bananas, and pears on display they tend to want them. And for this momma, that makes me happy. Now, if I can just figure out how to get them to like their veggies just as much - so far displaying them on the kitchen table just hasn't gotten the process rolling.

What do you do to get your kiddos eating healthy?

No comments: