Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Nesting


Matching dresses for Charlotte and her cousin Adeline (sorry Mary, you will probably see this before you get it. Hope you like it)


Pink Bishop - the collar is removable and can be used on this dress or something else.


The sundresses can be worn with or without the collar.

Being pregnant the second time around there have been many differences from the first time. Obviously, the biggest difference is having a 14 month old running around. One thing that isn't different, my need to nest. During my pregnancy with Charlotte I began nesting early - I think it was around 6 months. I was determined to have the house nice and organized because I knew it would never be that way again (at least not for a while).

I feel the same way this time, but there is no organizing when my little red-head takes everything apart that I put together. Cleaning is also difficult with being so pregnant and bending down constantly to pick Charlotte up or pick up after her. So, I have found another way to relieve my much needed urge to nest.

I have been sewing like a crazy woman for the last month. As you can see by this post and the one to follow - sewing is all I have basically done in my spare time. I must say I almost feel addicted. I obviously love to create, but this has been so much fun! I can't wait until the Spring when Charlotte gets to wear her new clothes lovingly made by her mommy. I am also learning so much and getting excited about making the kids matching outfits for special occasions.

So enjoy the pictures of my creations. Next on the list - smocking. Yes, even this close to my delivery I have invested in a book, dvd, pleated inserts, and embroidery floss to get me started. Call me crazy but I need something creative to look forward to. :)

No comments: