Monday, February 23, 2009

Happy 30th Birthday, Doug!


Doug holding Charlotte before we went out to celebrate his birthday over the weekend.

Today is Doug's 30th birthday. We are almost exactly 5 months apart in age. It is so hard to believe that we are entering this decade and who would have thought with two children. :)

I just want to say that I have a wonderful husband and one that works very hard to provide for me and my children. Doug is always figuring our finances, budgeting, and looking at ways to save money. He basically does whatever I ask when it comes to needs for Charlotte and he is so good with her. I love to watch him sit in the floor and play with her, give her baths, wrestle, and chase her around the house. He is such a good father and enjoys spending quality time with her.

We have been married for 6 1/2 years and together for 8 - friends longer than that. It seems weird that he has not always been in my life because I have always felt so connected to him - which I guess is good seeing as he is my husband. I feel fortunate to have someone that is not only committed to me but to our family. I realize that no everyone is so blessed.

I am thankful for his faith in God and his desire to bring up his children in church - also personally teaching them about his faith. He wants our children to have good grades, good behavior and good morals. He is committed to making that happen.

I am proud of his choices to put family and God first as well as further his education so he can expand his options. I look forward to seeing how God continues to grow and change him and I am excited to experience the man he becomes. So... honey, happy birthday from your little family. We love you and appreciate all you do for us!
xoxo

1 comment:

auntiem4cabs said...

I love reading your blogs, and when I read this about Doug, I am amazed at how much he is like his dad. David was always kind, and loving and a great provider, but most of all, a lover of the Lord, and a husband and dad. To say that Doug IS HIS DAD, is the greatest compliment in the world.

You are very lucky to be blessed with Doug, and the awesome thing is, you see it and appreciate it, and it seems that you let him know how much you love him.

I am awaiting that new little baby and just know, that God has blessed each of you with each other.

((hugs))
MaryVirginia