Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Outfits




Easter would not be complete without darning new outfits - a tradition I carry on from my own childhood. This was the first year that I did not make Douglass Charles' outfit - and we had to forgo anything that resembled a Jon Jon or was smocked - so sad! But I must say, I thought he looked absolutely adorable in his "big boy" Easter outfit and he was quite proud of himself.

Charlotte was elated about getting to wear her Easter dress - which made me so happy (seeing as I poured so many hours into her outfit). I am enjoying this while it lasts. I know there will be a day all too soon when she will prefer something much more grown up and not always to my liking. :)

My camera died before I could capture any photos of our first Easter Egg hunt at home. The kids had so much fun and Doug and I thoroughly enjoyed watching them participate in this tradition.

And lastly, lest you think that our Easter was only full of bunnies, candy, cookies, and pretty clothes, this was the first year that I was able to really discuss the true meaning behind Easter with the kids and I felt Charlotte was able to understand a bit about it. I look forward to the years to come when the death, burial and resurrection of our Saviour can be a subject with more understanding. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So proud of you--for taking the time to establish family traditions, working hard on adorable outfits, and most of all for speaking Christ into your children--my grandchildren. One day you will know how much it warms your heart to see Christ spoken into the next generation. "...you have given me the heritage of those who fear your name." Psalm 61:5b A wonderful heritage indeed! Love you.

Amy said...

Adorable kiddos!! Love their outfits!! So special Charlotte has all the hand made clothes to pass on to her children.:)