Monday, August 30, 2010

Little Smock Shop Texas Style







One of our joys last week while visiting my family was spending time with my niece Flannery. She is my sister, Lauren's, daughter and soon to be big sister to a baby girl in December. She recently celebrated her birthday in Dallas, Texas - where her parents live - and we obviously were not able to celebrate with her.

One of the wonderful things about seeing her this go around is that I was able to hand deliver her birthday present to her - this sweet little simple dress with a pink cowgirl boot smocked on it. I have talked very little about my sewing projects as of late and have failed at documenting photos of the creations I have made over the last several months, so here is my attempt at doing a better job.

The kids had such a wonderful time playing with her and Douglass Charles LOVED her so much - always asking about her after each nap and when up every morning. Motherhood is always special to share with those you love and even more meaningful between sisters. I am thankful for our time together - since it may be next summer before we see each other again.

No comments: