Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Heat Wave

Sorry for the lack of photos. I have plenty to post, but they remain sitting in the camera waiting for their turn to be downloaded and shared.

I feel completely caught up in the recent heat wave. Summer is supposed to be a slow time but with my going back to work and launching my business I am feeling the heat of the stress I have put on myself. Posting on my blog has gone on the backburner.

We have been busy with other things too. Doug's father offered to sod our back yard and he and Doug spent ALL day Saturday and most of the day Sunday laying the sod. It was quite a job and probably not the most relaxing thing to do on Father's Day. I believe it was a good bonding experience for the both of them and our back yard looks absolutely beautiful. Thanks for all the hard work guys!

Father's Day was uneventful since the guys were so hard at work. I did treat Doug to a Braves game last night - a definite splurge - not something we can afford seeing as it requires a sitter for about 5-6 hours in addition to the price of the tickets and food. We had a great time and I think he enjoyed the game - at least they won.

I have been so busy with work and The English Pea (I had a nice bulk of orders last week and am working with some other local people on some promotional things coming soon) that I am feeling the strain on my body. Migranes and teeth grinding have found their way back into my life and I am trying to figure out a way to relax - not to mention I am not sleeping well. I am praying that all of this will pass as I adjust into being a working mommy again. It seems my brain never shuts off.

Other than that, Charlotte and I are off to visit cousin Adeline and Aunt Mary Catherine this week. We are going to have a girls night with our girls on Thursday and we are looking forward to spending time together - the girls have such fun together. Hopefully pictures will be posted next week. Until then... enjoy surfing this heat wave. :)

No comments: