Monday, October 8, 2007

Scones Anyone

It is Monday and I am worn out. I worked a golf tournament this morning for my job and got home around 1:30 p.m. I usually don't have my afternoons because I have work to do, but since I had to be up bright and early for the tournament I decided I would finish my day in the early afternoon.

I came home to quickly retreat to my sewing room to finish up some burp cloths for my baby and start on a gift for my sister-in-law, Mary Catherine's, baby shower. I am almost through with the project and I can't wait to post it and show you what it is.

In addition to my sewing all afternoon I also undertook a new baking recipe, scones. The above are not mine - I cannot take credit for such a beautiful product - but mine didn't turn out too badly. The above were created by one of my favorite chefs', Ina Gartin of Barefoot Contessa (you Food Network junkies know who I am talking about). She made these look so easy the other day on her show. Doug and I both decided we had to try them. I actually formulated her recipe to make blueberry scones. The above are orange cranberry. They turned out pretty well, but they were quite the project. I believe it took me almost an hour just to assemble all the ingredients. Needless to say, I am beat.

We may never have scones again, but at least I tried and was somewhat successful. So fellow readers beware! Just because the recipe says that the prep time is only 20 minutes know that you may be in the kitchen for a much longer time. Did I mention the time it takes to clean the mess up? I don't think they added that time into the prep time on the recipe. Happy creating, whatever it may be. :)

No comments: