Monday, October 15, 2007

New Products and Exciting Redesign


When you go to my new esty site - www.alisaprons.etsy.com - you will find this great banner at the top of my page. www.loftybydesign.etsy.com designed it for me and I am thrilled with it. You will probably find me redesigning a few of my things - business cards, garment tags, etc. Let me know what you think, but I am very pleased.


This is the nursing apron I have been promising to post. It is for my sister-in-law, Mary Catherine. She is expecting my niece, Adeline Elizabeth, in January.


I got the idea for this ingenious garment from a gift I received for my little one. Courtney Dettling Sirmon gave me a nursing apron from another company and I thought it was incredibly clever (so did all the other seasoned mothers who did not have such a garment to cover with when they were breastfeeding). Of course I examined the one that I was given (which includes the boning above that allows you and baby to see each other while feeding, an adjustable strap, and a terry "towel" in the inside corner of the cover to help with messy mouths) and knew that I could make it. With a little research and a little help from the ladies at Joann Fabrics I was able to put something together. You will notice this one has my niece's monogram at the bottom in chocolate brown - her mother's favorite, pink and chocolate. Let me know what you think.


I couldn't help but make Mary some matching burp cloths. They turned out well and I hope she will love them both. All this will be up soon on www.alisaprons.etsy.com to buy. Until then, if you have someone in mind that you would like one or both of these for just let me know at alisonenglish@bellsouth.net. Thanks for looking!

No comments: