Monday, August 27, 2007

Preparing for Babies


I bought several cuts of fabric today to make several gifts for several people close to me who are also expecting children. It is amazing to me how many people I know who are having kids, but then again, I am at that age. The fabric was on sale and I had a coupon - it was the perfect time to buy. Obviously I am making things for both boys and girls - as you can see from the colors presented in the photo.
I am now 28 weeks. So hard to believe. We only have 12 weeks left if she comes on her due date. I want to say, though, that I don't understand why they say that women carry children for 9 months when 40 weeks is 10 months. I guess it is because part of that time the woman isn't actually pregnant. Everything is on target for her due date so I guess we will see.
I want to thank everyone for their prayers. Please keep it up. I definitely feel covered in prayer and know that every day is a gift of good health. Things have been progressing well and the change in my diet seems to be helping. I am still having discomfort at times and there are days I am unsure of what may happen, but overall, I can't complain. So far I am really learning to trust God on a day by day basis. It is challenging, but rewarding. I didn't realize how little I rely on Him to help me before all this happened. I just tried to do it all myself. Not good. :)
Hope everyone is well. I just cut out a new apron design and started pinning this evening. We will see how long this one takes me. At least it is a start. I won't say stay tuned for more because who knows when it might be completed. Until next time...

2 comments:

debchastain said...

Hello Alison! I'm glad to hear that you'll (God willing) be able to wait for the surgery. Red told us about it (as if pregnancy alone wasn't tough enough!). We are praying for you. I wanted to say thanks for the beautiful blanket you made for Erin. We use it ALL the time :0) Hope that things continue to go well! Lots of love!

Alison said...

Thanks for your prayers. They mean a lot and I can really tell that God is looking out for me.

Glad you are enjoying the blanket. They are fun to make and I always like to give things that are personalized.

Mom said she saw little Erin a few weeks back and said she was adorable. She also said she looks like Blaine. I wish I could see her. I know she is beautiful. Take care and lots of love back at ya.