Monday, August 13, 2007

Creative Juices and Some Good News


I planned to sew tonight but began to fill a little poorly. I decided to sit a while at the computer and create some more recipe cards. I am in the process of coming up with several options that one could include with a matching apron or just give on their own with a few wooden spoons and a mixing bowl - a gift I most recently gave to Emily Hardy soon to be Branch (which she loved by the way).

I hope you like these two. The pink could go with the pink stripe apron or the pink floral the green obviously could go with the green. You could always mix and match - whatever your fancy. You will notice like all my things these are personalized. I just think it is a nice touch. Who doesn't love their name printed or embroidered on something? It just makes it special.

Good news from the doctors today. My blood work came back pretty much normal - a slight elevation in a function of my liver appeared but my doctor said this could be due to the pregnancy. I have a lot of gallstones but they are small. According to my father this is good news. My doctor said she just wanted to get an opinion from the surgeon first before we started making decisions but she suspects we will wait and watch, treat the symptoms, and look into surgery after the baby is born. She said the only way they would probably operate right now was if I insisted. If I can wait I want to wait. I will know more tomorrow after I talk with the surgeon, but I feel much better about this news.

I do request your prayers as I will have to endure the pain and discomfort from the gallstones throughout my last trimester. Also pray that the stones stay small. The larger ones can be fatal if they get stuck. This has been an adventure but I know God is in control. The most important thing is we get our little girl here safely and in good health. She doesn't seem to know there is anything wrong. She still kicks the heck out of me every day. I don't mind. It is reassuring just to know she is there.

Stay tuned and thanks for your prayers.

No comments: