Saturday, August 11, 2007

5 Years and Counting

It is hard to believe that Doug and I have been married 5 years. Our anniversary was yesterday and he gave me these beautiful pink and white roses. They smell so fragrant and beautiful. I wish they would never die. I thought I would share them with you.

Unfortunately, in my last blog I made a few promises about sewing that I am afraid I may not be able to keep. After several months of occasional, severe pain in the middle of the night the doctors have finally diagnosed me with gallstones. I have yet to talk with the doctor about my test results, but they have already referred me to a general surgeon for a consultation. We are unsure of our options and pray that if surgery is needed it can wait until after our little one arrives. We appreciate your prayers and we will keep you posted.

With this new diagnosis and the uncertainty of what may lie ahead I will probably not approach stores this fall. If I have to endure gallbladder attacks for the next three months I do not want the added pressure of having to have large orders ready. I hate this because some of the contacts I had were good ones. I keep reminding myself that God knows and that I need to trust Him in this whole situation. We have enough to do with preparing for baby and my still trying to work. Thank God for a very flexible job!

You may see an occasional apron uploaded to the site. I still plan to sew here and there and I hope to make a few things for the baby - so you will probably see them posted here as well. Again, we appreciate your prayers for wisdom in what to do and our health. We will keep you posted... I meet with the drs this week.

No comments: