Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Big Feast


Me and my girl


The family photo at the end of the day. I believe Douglass Charles had a little too much wine with his dinner. :)


Emily, me, and Sarah - only three of the six of us


Douglass Charles and Aunt Sarah


The kids with Valerie and John and the three of us girls - gotta love those pink ugg boots on Charlotte. She truly would wear them everyday.

Our Thanksgiving was relatively laid back - as laid back as it can be with two children under two. Two of my sisters got to be here with us. Sarah, from Houston, and Emily, from Auburn. My cousin, John, and his wife got to come up from Columbus. It was wonderful to see them both - as it had been a while since we had been able to visit.

The food was fantastic - if do say so. Partly because it is always good and partly because we waited until 5:30 to eat. We had been smelling it and waiting for it for so long that I think it made the food even better.

This year's thanksgiving was honestly a very enjoyable one. I am so thankful for my family and after the big Thanksgiving news last year about my parent's move, I believe it has only made me that much more grateful for them. While I hate how far my family is from me now (most of them anyway) the distance sure does make me appreciate them and my time with them so much more!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love all your Thanksgiving pictures! It was fun to hang out last night (even if my sweet boys were having a less-than-stellar evening). We'll have to do it again!

Alison said...

Don't worry about the boys. They were fine and I know Jaden was just tired. We had a wonderful time and look forward to doing something again soon.