Monday, October 26, 2009

8 Months







Douglass Charles turned 8 months old yesterday. It is hard for me to believe that this year is going by so fast with him. Our little guy has started to pull up on things. Currently, he can only pull up to his knees, but we have found him a few times trying to stand. It is amazing to me that he is already doing this - very different from his sister.

He still is not crawling. It is like he can't get the coordination down. He gets on all fours and can move his arms but can't figure out how to sync up his legs with one movement. This highly frustrates him and when he winds up on his stomach he yells until someone will come and set him on his bum. There is part of me that is dreading the mobility that is soon to happen and a part of me that is ready to see him take off. I hate for him to get so frustrated.

Life has been a blurr lately with planning Charlotte's birthday, sewing projects, filling orders, and a recent layoff at work (which affected me the most because we have one out on maternity leave and the other marketing director works at coorporate 2-3 days a week). I would rather be busy than twiddling my thumbs, so, really no true complaints here.

Looking forward to halloween and hoping the kids will cooperate. It will be fun. Don't forget to utilize your friends and family discount at www.theenglishpea.com. Saturday is the last day to use it. Happy Monday, everyone!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Those are too cute! It was great talking to you yesterday! Seriously, let's get together!