Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Do Ruffles Really Have Ridges?


Ruffles, ruffles everywhere! This picture shows the skirts of three Audrey Hepburn Aprons.


This turned out so well I didn't want to mail it off - although the monogram would have been all wrong if I had kept it. :)


More babies being born and girls this time, too. The booties are compliments of www.KatEyez.etsy.com. I just embellished them with the bows. So cute!


Charlotte has been playing a lot while I work in the sewing room. It is giving her good sitting up practice - which she loves.

So do ruffles really have ridges? I don't believe my ruffles do. My sewing room has been a little ruffly as of late with an Audrey Hepburn Apron order and my building my inventory. The burp cloth just added a few more ruffles to the mix... and you thought I had been keeping away from my sewing machine. Ah, you were wrong. We have been quite busy to say the least.

So, what is new? I will possibly begin on my second wholesale order this week (still pending) and yes, I said wholesale. There is already a little shop in New York City selling Ali's Aprons. A new boutique is considering them for their shop in Tallahassee, Florida. I also have another shop in Douglasville that will be carrying them this fall. Who knew Etsy would be such a good place for me.

I am also preparing for a photo shoot this summer. Turns out that one of my customers is a wonderful photographer and is willing to take on my aprons later this summer in a shoot for me. Check out her website at www.feelingthephoto.com. I wish she could come to Atlanta and shoot Miss Charlotte. Isn't she talented!?!

If you like the little booties you see pictured with the burp cloths you can find them at www.KatEyez.etsy.com. I just fixed them up a bit with a bow. So Cute!

And... sorry I do not have photos of Addy and Charlotte together. Throughout their whole visit I opted for the video camera instead of my camera. Maybe I can figure out how to download these so you can see them.

Sorry to toot my own horn, but some exciting stuff is going on in my little studio. Can't wait to launch the new apron giveaway starting on Friday. So come on back to learn how you can enter. Until then...

2 comments:

{Erica} said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your aprons! You're so very talented and those booties and blanket..so darling!

Alison said...

Thanks, Erica. Can't wait for you to take pictures of the aprons. YOU are so talented. :)