Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Thai Lettuce Wraps

My first experience with a lettuce wrap was in Las Vegas and I wondered why I had never tried one before. Maybe it is because I am a carb loving fool, but the lettuce wrap, well, it blue my socks off.

I revisited this wonderful delight one evening while dining with my in-laws several years ago and my sis-in-law insisted that I try the Thai lettuce wraps at Cheesecake Factory. Again, I wasn't disappointed.

So, when I started getting strange lettuces in my Farmers Market Baskets last year I set out to create such a recipe. And while the prep can take a bit of time, these truly are delicious!

Thai Lettuce Wraps
Prep:
Shred carrots, slice cucumber (did both of these in my food processor),
 wash and dry lettuce (butter lettuce is great to use), cut chicken into strips, pick leaves off cilantro stems
(set all these aside)
Salt and Pepper chicken and then grill until done
cook ramen noodles until soft - do not use seasoning
Sauce: In a small sauce pan heat up about a cup of Ken's Teriyaki Marinade. I added a clove or two of finely chopped garlic, about 1/2 a teaspoon of ginger, and a bit of sugar to tast. Bring to a simmer and let it cook down just a bit until it is a little syrupy.
Your done. Now just assemble and eat!
Enjoy!

No comments: