Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Move Over Mrs. June Cleaver


Last May, Ali's Aprons was featured in its very first Magazine - Lifestyles Magazine - here in Atlanta, Georgia. It thrilled me that others would find my handy work worth writing about. The opening line of the article stated "Move over June Cleaver - you no longer have the "retro-fabulous-kitchen-chic" market cornered. Ali's Aprons are popping up in the most fashionable kitchens in the Southern Arc, making our domestic divas the best dressed chefs around..."


I couldn't help feeling sorry for Mrs. June. She was such a beautiful character in the old classic, "Leave It To Beaver." So... I decided I would pay homage to her since I so rudely stole her image. :) You see before you the June Cleaver Apron. I believe these colors are a little flashy for Mrs. Cleaver - seeing as she was in black and white for so long. But I do believe a modern version of the character would approve. Don't you?


This apron began the full line of aprons that have become so popular. This particular apron is a favorite of many because of its details. It is always lined, features piping around the edge to help accent the scallop that so gracefully appears at the hem of the garment. It is so simple, but yet can be elegant or sporty depending on one's attire.


So, Mrs. June Cleaver, I hope you are happy and forgiving of my desire to pay homage to your wonderful image - a woman of the past that still bares the sentiments and desires of many women living in today.

No comments: