Thursday, February 15, 2007

Accessorize!


So, what does the avid or not so avid chef need? Accessories! One of my favorite gifts that I received when I was a bride was my own recipe cards. It is amazing when you start fixing meals for your new spouse how quickly you contact your mother for age old family recipes. You will find family staples on those recipe cards that I was given at a recipe shower - Mommy's Sweet Potato Casserole, Grandmother's Chili, Mom's Honey Chicken Marinade. Ironically, those recipe cards mean more to me now than they did the day I received them because of the senimental dishes that now are so delicously listed on them. This is one reason why I began to include recipe cards in my gifts accompanying an apron.


I also found that one of my absolute favorite gifts as a bride came from a dear friend of mine with my new initials on it. A girl dreams about the day her name will change and what better way to thrill her heart than to be the first to give a gift with her new name or initials.
Despite this fact, everyone loves personalized gifts because they are personal. We can't help it. It is always special and meaningful - this is also why I love monogramming all my apron designs. So, you see here one of the personalized recipe cards that I created and will feature on the updated website in the coming year. Even if not ordering an apron, it can be a perfect gift with a mixing bowl and a pair of wooden spoons.

No comments: