Saturday, February 12, 2011

Scrap It Saturdays: Finished Watermelon

So in all the chaos of the week I was able to snap a few pictures of the final project. I am so glad I got this done last weekend, because it wouldn't have happened otherwise. But seriously, isn't it cute? I was really pleased with the result and can't you tell I just love that green polka dot. I like this so much I think I am going to make one for Charlotte with a pair of ruffle shorts in the same pink gingham. Can't wait.

For those interested, here are the details on how I put it together. I shrunk the pattern to fit the space, cut my material and iron on interfacing. I ironed the interfacing and fabric scraps together and then placed them over the monogram and ironed them on. I chose a small satin stitch going over the top of the pink flesh part first. Then I stitched the both rounded parts of the rind - leaving the top open. Once done with that I completed the two top spaces of the rind - meeting up with the pink satin stitches. With three strands of embroidery thread I hand-stitched the seeds - freehand - and used one single stitch for each one - trying to make them equal in length. And there you have it. Done!

For the pattern, please feel free to see this post and happy scrapping!

No comments: