Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Howl-a-ween


Howling Away


Pitiful FiFi


Snotty Nose Poodle


A pregnant woman's drug - chocolate

Well, Halloween did not prove to be the fun event that we had hoped. As you can see by the photos that Charlotte did not really care for her costume. That was only the short of it. We had a great evening planned with a party over at Micah's house. We were looking so forward to it and our little snotty nose FiFi wound up with a 102 degree temp yesterday afternoon. Needless to say we did not take her to the party and expose her to all the other children.

I took these pictures last evening right before I got her in her night clothes. I was bound and determined to have some pictures - even though we are going to try to take the costume back. She wore it just long enough to get the pictures and the tags are still on so why not? Doug wasn't able to make it home until almost 8:00 due to his coaching responsibilities so he didn't even see her in it. Needless to say by the end of the evening with Mommy's hopes high of spending an evening with friends and enjoying the festivities I had a melt down moment of my own. There was much howling going on around the English household - not to mention the dogs howling at all the trick or treaters who kept coming to our darkened front door - WHY????

Anyway, my solace, this delicious spider cake I made for the party that we now get to eat ourselves. What could be better than a double chocolate brownie with chocolate buttercream icing sandwiched in between. WARNING: Much Milke Needed!

Hope your harvest festivities were fun and family filled. :) I am already laughing about yesterday. I can't help myself when I look at these pictures. :)

xoxo

3 comments:

stephanie said...

i am laughing and crying with you. those pictures are hilariously pitiful. poor fifi. micah missed her so. and that dessert...well you are making it again and coming to my house! love you and hope she feels better soon. sdh<><

lbrownfield said...

I can't believe you dressed her up like a dog. That crying picture is priceless! Poor Charlotte!

lbrownfield said...

I can't believe you dressed her up like a dog. That crying picture is priceless! Poor Charlotte!