Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Trip to Grandma's House











Doug, Charlotte and I left this weekend to enjoy some time with Doug's family over in Birmingham, Alabama. I love Birmingham and always enjoy an excuse to get over there. It is so beautiful with its rolling hills and southern charm. The only problem is I always feel I must dress whenever I go out. It is not a casual town. I guess it is all that old, southern money. :)

Doug's parents live in a beautiful, family friendly neighborhood. Everyone has deep porches and/or courtyards. There are sidewalks, greenspaces, and plenty of places to roam. We enjoyed the pool, walking through the neighborhood, and an evening eating pizza out on the front porch. The weather was a little warm but the atmosphere only made me yearn for cooler, fall days. Oh, I can't wait. They are right around the corner.

Charlotte thoroughly entertained us. She actually made several milestones over the weekend - scooting around, rolling over and sitting up on her own, clapping, saying "uh-oh" after she dropped something and the list goes on. Of course it was great to get to experience this with family as they also thought it was the most wonderful thing in the world.

I hope to have video to post. My sister-in-law, Meg, recorded Charlotte with her huge laberdoodle, Farve. Charlotte and this 75 pounder really enjoyed each other and Charlotte found him hilarious. Stay tuned!

No comments: