Monday, January 21, 2008

Moore Babies


Charlotte met her cousin, Adeline Elizabeth Moore yesterday afternoon. My brother, Owen, and his wife, Mary Catherine, welcomed Addy on Wednesday, January 16th - last week. We have been so excited about her arrival and very happy that everything went so smoothly. We laugh because both children have the notorious Moore mouth - at least when we go to Atmore everyone will know who these kids belong to -- Dr. Moore (by the way, Poppa is very proud that he has passed on this physical characteristic).

As you can see Adeline has beautiful dark skin - from her mother. Poor Charlotte will have to come in early from Nana's pool while Addy gets to keep playing because she is going to fry with that beautiful, porcelain white skin. Oh well... Maybe she will age more gracefully that way. She won't appreciate that skin until she is much older - Oh, if we can get through high school. One day she will appreciate the beauty of her color.


I decided to post what I think is a better picture of the Audrey Hepburn Apron. You will see I added something - the bow on the pocket. It just seemed like something was missing. It really is darling on - my cute, blonde sister, Sarah, owns this piece and it looked great on her. I keep thinking that I need to request pictures from others who own my aprons and tell their stories here as well. Aprons are timeless and ageless so anyone can wear one. It would be neat to hear the diversity behind those who wear them.

I promise I am at least thinking about those children's apron designs. I have a few other things in the works right now that require my dedicating my time to my adult aprons. Once those projects are completed maybe I can begin seriously focusing on the minature versions. It may be next Christmas, though. Who knows... I am not making any promises. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alison!
I just saw the birth announcement that was sent to my parents in the mail, and I saw your blog address. The aprons are so beautiful! I had no idea you were so talented. I really like the retro prints. Charlotte is gorgeous, and I know you are enjoying this time with her. Hope to see you soon!
--Anna Hurst
(Some of my designs are on my MySpace page: www.myspace.com/annajh85

Alison said...

Thanks, Anna! We are pretty thrilled with our little Charlotte. She is precious!

Ironically, your mother taught me my first sewing lesson. I believe she taught me how to make a skirt when I was about 7 or 8 years old - maybe a little older. So... she got me started. :)

I hope you are well. What kind of designs do you have on MySpace. I looked there and didn't know where to find them - not so good with the MySpace thing.

Thanks for stopping by. :)