Thursday, January 3, 2008

Apron Strings


Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a blessed holiday full of love and laughter. Ours was certainly more special with our newest addition. A friend of the family was right when she said that little ones make the season more magical. We can't wait until she gets a little older and is able to actually really enjoy the holidays. Nonetheless, it was still a special time for us.

I actually completed some custom orders over the holidays for a few customers. The Carol Brady above turned out lovely for my sister, Lauren Brownfield. Her reaction on Christmas day was priceless. Did I mention that it looked darling on her? Lauren, I will have to get a picture of you in it cooking away in your kitchen to post here. :)


I had two customers request this combination. This is the June Cleaver in retro orange with a stripe piping around the edge. The combination is wonderful! Ironically, the recipients of the two aprons varied drastically in age. One was a young bride the other was someone's sweet Nana. Who knew these fabrics could be so versatile.


This June Cleaver Apron turned out well with the blue peony. Made for a very classy, southern lady, the gift giver said it fit her personality perfectly.

So, believe it or not, somehow I managed to pull off the apron orders and sell a few things on etsy. Considering my circumstances, the season went well. All of these aprons are available at www.alisaprons.etsy.com for sale - not to mention a few other items are there for your pleasure.

Stay tuned, as I hope to begin on my childrens' aprons soon - once I build my inventory back up. It is completed depleted at the moment. Back to the sewing room!

2 comments:

roxanne simpson said...

Alison - it was great getting your Happy New Year card. Congrats to you and Doug on little Charlotte:) You will be a great mom, Alison!I will pass on your news and web info. to Suzanne. Stephanie got engaged on 12-15-07 (her 25th birthday). She has a tentative wedding date of 9-7-08 - 44 days after Suzanne! Blessings - Roxanne Simpson

Alison said...

Congrats on Stephanie's engagement. Ya'll are going to have an exciting and expensive year. :) Send my best to the family. Blessings as well!