Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Siblings

Well, I am finally ready to announce my surprise. Yes, Charlotte is going to be a big sister. Needless to say we are pretty surprised but we are excited and can't wait to learn the sex of the baby.

I am currently 9 weeks along and my due date is March 2nd. We covet your prayers as we prepare for baby #2. Thankfully I have not been as sick this time around nor as tired - which is a tremendous blessing with an 8 month old. :)

This baby has made me really understand that Scripture that talks about man planning his way, but the Lord directs his steps. We were on a 2 - 2 1/2 year plan (we wanted to wait until Doug was through with his masters). God had us on the 7 month plan. Charlotte will be 16 months older than her younger sibling. I am tired just thinking about it. Everyone does say, though, that the children will entertain each other and be big buddies. Only time will tell.

So... for all of you making your own plans, don't be too surprised if the Lord winds up directing your steps in a different way. When this happens I just remimd myself that He does know best! :)

3 comments:

Learning to live the Dream said...

Hey Girl! Congratulations!!!!! You might have thought we've fallen off the face of the earth, but we are still here. Just a bit busy these days! I am so excited for you! I can't imagine 2 kids under t2 - well, I can, I guess I did it, but Olivia was 21 months when Abby was born - and almost potty trained!!!! Wow! The good thing is, they will grow up very close. Abby and Livi love eachother more than anything, but they can fight too!!!! I guess that's sisters for you :) Tell Doug we say hi! We love you guys and miss you - I get on your blog about every week just to keep up with you! I love the pictures - I'll do an update sooner or later... :) I can't believe LVL was almost 9 years ago! - we are not that old!!!! 30 isn't just around the corner... or is it! Love you girl - I know with an 8 month old its hard to slow down, but make sure you get your rest! - love, Christy

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Alison! How exciting! I know you will handle it all with grace. I have forgotten to email you to tell you how much I love my Ali's Apron my mom gave me for my birthday! Thank you so much for it! Hugs to you and big sister Charlotte!
Cara

Kara said...

Congratulations! We are very happy to hear your exciting news! May God greatly bless your expanding family in the days ahead!