Thursday, October 16, 2008

Seriously...

Just so you all know that I am human I am giving you this post. Ahhhh! Things have been tough ever since I wrote my last post about having a positive attitude. God really has a sense of humor that I do not always appreciate. Literally two days after I posted on my 30th Charlotte became ill. We have been battling something - either her or myself ever since. From snotty noses, to throwing up, to her not sleeping through the night, not taking naps, ear infections, ect. it has happened. She is currently "crying it out" in her crib right now because she refuses to take a nap and won't let me console her.

I feel like I live only indoors. With all the sickness and fever we haven't gotten out much, not even to celebrate my birthday (thank God for Doug who has been willing to run to the grocery store, pick up meds, and help out when needed). I realize it could be much worse but a full month of this has gotten old quickly. Daily I try to remind myself of what I posted several weeks back on September 24th - constantly a mind battle to be positive when I am sick of all of this. I am tired, still congested from my own cold, and not to mention five months pregnant. My father graciously reminded me that two sick babies are going to be harder than one. - again, getting me to realize that it could be worse.

Then I think of other friends and family that are going through much worse, sick babies that they just brought home from the hospital, friend's siblings who are fiercely struggling with drug addictions, marriages that are on the rocks, financial woes in this economy, losing family members. A month's worth of sickness doesn't seem so bad when thinking of these things. But even in my small attitude adjusting trial I need the help of my heavenly Father - as I cried out to him this afternoon. "Lord, you are going to have to help me with this. I can't do this myself!" Probably not the most respectful way to cry out to my Savior, but a desperate plea from a mother who just wants a little sanity right now. :)

I know many of you can identify. Whatever you are going through - hang in there.

On a lighter note, we find out the sex of the baby on Monday, October 20th. Check back for a post next week.

xoxo

4 comments:

stephanie said...

isn't it fun when we have to put into practice what God says and what we are asking Him to teach us. we are praying for you and especially charlotte and hope you all feel better soon. especially because we want a playdate. love you and hang in there. you will now appreciate the well time so much more!

Red said...

Good to know you didn't fall off the face of the earth! I was about to email you to see if ya'll were ok when I checked the blog and read your post. I'm sorry you guys are still sick...I hope you both get 100% better soon!!

xoxo - Red

Red said...

Well after things calm down for you guys and you're well, lets try to get a date on the calendar...even if it's just meeting for lunch! =)

Anonymous said...

Ali,

I am glad you are still alive! I hope you guys get to feeling better soon. I miss you all...give Charlotte a kiss for me.
I already have miss Charlotte's bday gift and cannot wait to see you guys! Meg and I are planning on coming. Tell Doug hey for me!
love you,
Kathryn