Friday, October 12, 2007

Feelings of Fall

This morning I am home, cleaning house, catching up on calls, and planning to sew all afternoon. It is a beautiful, crisp fall morning that I wish would never end. It is quiet - which I know will change very soon - and peaceful and I am officially drinking my first cup of hot chocolate.

Mine doesn't look as elegant as the one pictured, but it marks for me a new season - my favorite season, Autumn.

There is nothing like a warm cup of hot chocolate, coffee or tea (whatever your preference) on a cool fall morning. It is sweet, yummy and full of warmth, kind of like the season.

For all of you that live more to the south than me I do not envy you. The falls here are beautiful. Growing up in south Alabama, autumn only lasted a couple of weeks - sometimes one week depending on the weather. Here, we actually have a season. The leaves have not changed yet, but they are slowly turning. Soon everything will be full of color and being outside is heavenly.

It is awesome to me to see how God created such beauty in what essentially is death. I guess there is beauty in everything. We just have to look for it.

So... my friends, take a minute. Sip a hot beverage tomorrow morning, relish in the cooler tempertures, and look for the beauty in whatever you are experiencing. Enjoy!



No comments: